CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Recap

So my beautiful 5 year old Mac Power Book G4 has gone to computer heaven. I really don't think there is anything anyone can do. I am pretty sure it was hard drive failure...so sad times, but it served me well. With that said, I have not been able to blog as much (so sorry) but I am borrowing my roomates computer so I can update.

Wednesday was our last day on campus :( it was hard to say good bye to the people we had become close with. We also had some really neat conversations. Aaron, Matt, and I were a team and we were just handing out bibles in the cafeteria when we came to this table of two guys and two girls, we asked them if they wanted some free bibles and they said why not. Then they just started asking all of these really great questions...we didn't even have to bring up spiritual things, they did it for us. Most of them had a Catholic background but they all said they weren't that "religious". We talked for such a long time with them and went through the gospel and the KGP with them. They were so interesed, one of the girls even said that she wanted to pray to recieve Christ later by herself. It was such an amazing conversation, we talked with them for so long and it was just great! It was hard saying goodbye to Kingsborough, im pretty sure I'll be back at somepoint though...New York has a part of my heart now.

Thursday was an office day. We did stats and organized all of the contacts that we have gathered the past 5 weeks and sorted through all of the surveys. It was really cool to see how many people my ministry team alone talked to. God uses the insignificant, that is for sure! I am excited to hear what the stats are for the campus track and the entire project, it really puts things in perspective. Later in the day I actually got to see my good friend Joey Waters, who was in the city for the day with the Deep Impact staff. I only got to see him for like 10 minutes but it was so good, a familiar face is so comforting this place, even if just for a few minutes!

Friday we had our last outing with our international students. Our Chinese friends cooked for us...they cooked hot pot for us which is spice and you put raw stuff like fish and veggies in a boiling pot of spices and it was soooo good! seriously the best and most authentic Chinese food I have ever had.

The fam came in this weekend, it was so cool to be able to show them the city...even though I don't really know my way around as well as I thought. I wanted to take them to yogurt land so bad and then I couldn't find it. It was bad and I was so sad because yogurt land is so good! But we had fun and I think they enjoyed the city, even though it prolly overwhelmed them a bit. They all really enjoyed Central Park. I LOVE YOU FAMILY :)

Please be in prayer for my Sunday...Aaron and I are taking Chris (the guy that came to Christ at Kingsborough) to church tomorrow and after that we are meeting up with some other students from Kborough to go to the art show that is put on by the Arts Track...it is designed to be an outreach tool so please pray that God will provide some productive conversations. I am excited about Church because I am going to Grafitti Church, the Baptist State Convention helps support that church so I am excited about going. And the art show is going to be awesome, so yeah tomorrow is going to be way fun. Anyways hope you enjoyed the run down, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment