CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" ~2 Corinthians 5:17



Today was a typical Tuesday morning.  We met at the space, prayed, gathered our supplies, and my team headed out to City Tech in Brooklyn.  We were able to get into the college again this week, which was such a blessing.  We decided to split the girls and boys up so I went with Tay and Jenny.  For the first "soularium attempt" Jenny stayed behind and handed out free books/bibles/water bottles while Taylor and I approached a girl.  We asked her if she would take our picture survey.  We went through Soularium with her, she said she believed in God but didn't understand how so many people said that they felt him or how he helped them in troubled times.  So I asked her if she thought it was possible to have a personal relationship with him...she responded with an "I don't know".  At this moment, while still conversing with this girl I hit Taylor on the leg, which was me saying "quick get out the KGP"...so she did and home girl rocked it. P.S. this girl is 19 and since being on project has become one of the most bold people I have ever met, its great!  Anyways so Taylor goes through the KGP with her and we get to the part with a diagram of two circles...the circle on the left has the self on the throne and Christ is outside of the circle...the circle on the right has Christ on the throne (inside the circle) and self is at the foot of the throne...in other words Christ is in your life and in the center of your life.  We asked her which circle she thought she was in...she said, well I guess I am in the middle.  I took this opportunity to chime in and ask her what she thought about thinking of it as a pregnancy...your either pregnant or your not, there is no halfway pregnant.  She quickly responded saying that she was definitely the one on the left but wanted to be the one on the right.  Taylor then showed her the model prayer of what you can pray if you want to receive Christ.  She took the KGP and right there she accepted Christ into her heart...it was really really cool!  We got to give her a Bible and I got to share with her one of my favorite passages in the Bible (2 Corinthians 5) and I read to her the part of being a new creation.  That because we accept Christ into our lives we no longer have to do it on our own, we don't have to strive for unattainable perfection to try to turn our life around because Christ comes in and does it for us...changing us from the inside out, and making us a new creation.  She smiled and we talked for a while before she had to go to class.  This was our last day at City Tech and it was so amazing that God let us be a part of that...I am still speechless!
After lunch we got to share with two girls who were already believers.  It was so encouraging to meet them!  We have met several people who are believers and we are hoping that there is enough interest to start a Bible study there in the fall.  The Lord has totally been at work at City Tech and he is so not done!
Tonight we had Bible Study at Ansley's house.  She cooked Lasagna for us and some pretty tasty chocolate cake.  It was so nice to get away from the city and have a home cooked meal, in a real house!  Bible study was just as refreshing and comforting!  We had some great discussion and the Lord really encouraged my heart through that.  We also laughed a lot :)
Tomorrow is our last day at Kingsborough and of our campus ministry.  This makes me so sad, I feel like I have just gotten to know the students there and now we have to leave!  But God is in control and who knows maybe I'll end up back here for a year and get to re invest in those people (yep that is something im going to be praying about for the next couple months) but regardless I know God has done so much! I am so thankful to be a part of it and I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.  PLEASE PRAY that God will use is in many significant ways...please specifically pray for our friend Constansza who many of us have talked to and whom I have become friends with...we really wanted to see her come to Christ or at least some significant progress in her thought process before we left.  But we at least want to be able to say bye to her and give her some resources (like a case for Christ...we have been carrying one with her name on it for like a week now).  PRAY for Kingsborough!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome about that girl, it's gotta be amazing when God wants to save someone right then and there and BAM He does.

    ReplyDelete